American Red Cross Instructor Bridging
Already a certified trainer? You may qualify for our FREE online course to become a Red Cross Instructor.
Becoming Red Cross certified is an easy 3-step process.
Check our list of bridging classes below of equivalent training certifications to see if yours is on it.
Sign up for the FREE online bridging course and review the program materials available on the Red Cross Learning Center. No in-person course is required. A full list of our Instructor Bridging Courses is listed below.
Upload your qualifying instructor credentials within the Red Cross Learning Center to launch the online course. After you have successfully passed the course and affiliate to a Red Cross Training provider to become a part of our team of Red Cross instructors.
First Aid/CPR/AED Bridging Classes
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Trainer Bridge – OL
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Bridge – OL
- First Aid for Severe Trauma Instructor Bridge – OL
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers Instructor Bridge
- Head, Neck, Muscle, Bone, Joint Injuries and Splinting Instructor Bridge
- Life-Threatening Bleeding Tourniquet Application Instructor Bridge
Healthcare & First Responder Bridging Classes
- Advanced Life Support Instructor Bridge – OL
- Advanced Life Support Instructor Trainer bridge –OL
- Basic Life Support Instructor Bridge – OL
- Basic Life Support Instructor Trainer Bridge –OL
- Emergency Medical Response Instructor Trainer Bridge – OL
- Emergency Medical Response Instructor Bridge – OL
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor Trainer Bridge – OL
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor Bridge – OL
Q: Am I able to immediately teach Red Cross courses once I successfully complete the online bridge?
To teach any American Red Cross course, you must first be affiliated with a current Red Cross Training Provider or be employed as a paid/volunteer Instructor of the Red Cross.
Q: What is an Instructor bridge?
The Red Cross offers free online courses called Instructor Bridges that allow instructors currently certified with approved, equivalent training organizations to become certified as Red Cross Instructors.
Q: Once I become a Red Cross Instructor, how long will my certification be valid?
Red Cross Instructor certification is valid for two years from the date the bridge course is successfully completed.
Q: I took the bridge course and received my Instructor certification. How do I renew it when it expires in two years?
The Red Cross has minimum training requirements that you must meet in order to renew your certification. In some cases, an in-person skills session is also required. Check with your Red Cross Training Provider to determine the requirements and the process to renew your certification.
Q: How do I become a Red Cross Instructor if I am brand new?
Red Cross Instructors are highly trained, elite professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to more than 4.7 million people each year. You can find information to start on the Red Cross Learning Center.